Happy Dominion Day (Canada Day, as per Phileas Cote) to all my Canucks!! It was the enactment of The British North American Act signed way back in 1867 that made Canada one amazing country. For all of those who might be a little confused, or not be fully versed with Canada here are some facts for you:
- What does Canada mean? it comes from a St. Lawrence Iroquoian word, kanata, which means village or settlement.
- Canada has the world's second largest country areawise (including its waters), and fourth largest in land area.
- Half of Canada is covered with forests, which should not be surprising, considering one-tenth of the world's forests are here. It is also home to the polar and the grizzly bear.
- Canada is responsible for many inventions including basketball, the electric light bulb, the electric range, the electron microscope, the telephone, standard time, the television, and the zipper, and the first snowmobile were invented in this remarkable country.
- Toronto is the largest city of Canada, with a population of more than 5 million people. Toronto dwellers hold more university degrees than any other big city in the world.
- Canada is also known to have the highest quality of life in the world, according to the United Nations Human Development Index.
"I know where I'm from, and I told you before, north of America, hard to ignore, everywhere I go man, I tell them for sure I'm from Canada, oh- a oh Canada!!!!!!" --- Classified